Ageplay is a type of role-playing in which a person pretends to be an age other than their current biological age. While ageplay consisting of the s-type of being an elderly person exists, more common forms include roleplaying in the forms of infantilism, littles or adolescents.
Some ageplay is purely regressive; while the person is in role, nothing that wouldn't happen with a real minor occurs. Other ageplay might include sex or sexual play, such as erotic spanking, and incest or pedophilia fantasies.
- Ageplay practices may include:
- Bottle feeding
- School uniforms or use of other child-like clothing
- Use of padded gloves or bondage mittens
- Imprisoning in a giant crib
- Medical procedures such as rectal temperature taking, the insertion of suppositories or the giving of enemas.
Ageplay is often regarded as edgeplay, because it reminds people of real-life incest or paedophilia. Proponents point out that ageplay is a consensual fantasy played out by adults. Ageplay is not always viewed as a form of fantasy role-play as some prefer to think of their ageplay practices as part of their core identity or the foundation of their relationships.