Ageplay is a type of role-playing in which a person pretends to be an age other than their current biological age. While ageplay consisting of the s-type of being an elderly person exists, more common forms include roleplaying in the forms of infantilism, littles or adolescents.
Some ageplay is purely regressive; while the person is in role, nothing that wouldn't happen with a real minor occurs. Other ageplay might include sex or sexual play, such as erotic spanking, and incest or pedophilia fantasies.
Ageplay practices can and do vary widely, though the following themes are generally closely associated with ageplay:
- Ageplay practices may include:
- Bottle feeding
- School uniforms or use of other child-like clothing
- Use of padded gloves or bondage mittens
- Imprisoning in a giant crib
- Medical procedures such as rectal temperature taking, the insertion of suppositories or the giving of enemas.
Ageplay is often regarded as edgeplay, because it reminds people of real-life incest or paedophilia. Proponents point out that ageplay is a consensual fantasy played out by adults. Ageplay is not always viewed as a form of fantasy role-play as some prefer to think of their ageplay practices as part of their core identity or the foundation of their relationships.