The discipline of Medical Play is often used to refer to more extreme alterations and body modifications ranging from temporary to semi-permanent, to permanent, but may also refer to less extreme forms of play such as role playing in a doctor patient relationship. Medical Play that is not strictly limited to role playing should be considered edge play.
Types of Medical Play
- Body Modifications (Tattooing, Marking, Electric Branding, Fire Branding, Cell Popping, Cutting, Scarification, Extreme Modifications)
- Role Playing
- Piercing (Staples, Threading, Temporary Piercing, Permanent Piercing)
- Injections (saline, enemas, Suppositories)
- Examinations (body and fluids, Rectally taken Temperature)
- Orthopedic Bondage (casts, braces)
- Anesthesia and Breath Play
This category has the following 4 subcategories, out of 4 total.