Mental bondage is a BDSM term that means the restriction of movement without using physical means.
Mental bondage works by obedience alone. The bottom is commanded, either verbally, via body language, or implicitly (they know what is expected of them instinctively or because they've been instructed on earlier occasions before), to assume a certain body position, posture, or stance, and to remain still in this pose until they are permitted to leave it.
Mental bondage can be especially useful for some forms of play that require access to surface area as it allows restriction of the bottom (pending self discipline of the bottom) but without having outside tools and elements covering their various parts that would otherwise hold them in place.
- The Gorean slave positions are examples of mental bondage.
- Corner Time could be considered a form of mental bondage.
- Confinement to a room or house without physically locking the person up, such as in grounding, is a form of mental bondage.
- Objectification as furniture can be considered a form of mental bondage.
- A way of combining mental bondage and spanking is by putting the spankee in the desired spanking position and telling him or her not to move out of this position. This means, for example in the OTK position:
- No reaching back with either hand. Hands must remain in front of the spankee.
- No kicking, bending, tucking up or crossing the legs.
- No wriggling.
Pages in category "Mental Bondage"
This category contains only the following page.