YKINMK, or Your Kink Is Not My Kink, is a common parlance form of internet shorthand to draw a clear distinction between what someone else does, and what the person espousing YKINMK does. Often times this statement comes with an addendum such as...
- and that's disgusting.
- and that's abuse.
- and that's unsafe.
- and that's OK.
Variations might include:
- YKINMK: Your Kink Is Not My Kink
- YKNMKBTOK: Your Kink’s Not My Kink But That’s OK
- YKINMKBYKIOK: Your Kink Is Not My Kink But Your Kink Is OK
- YKINNMK: Your Kink Is Not Necessarily My Kink
- YKINOK: Your Kink Is Not OK [usually referring to extremes such as pedophilia, nonconsensual, unsafe, etc]
- YKIOK, IJNMK: Your Kink Is OK, It’s Just Not My Kink
Best Practices indicate it is best to take an attitude of inclusivity and not judge others, and thus "And that's OK" is considered the preferred addendum.